PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mt Erebus Disaster 40th Anniversary
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2019, 09:14
3 Holer
Whispering "T" Jet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PapaHotel6
Thank you for your erudite advice and concise post AerialPerspective; I shall give both the respect they deserve.

The term "Mahon disciple" is not inappropriate. There are users here who, rather than debate a point will simply reply "because the Hon. Justice Mahon declared......" as if that in itself clinches the argument. This either represents blind faith or blunted intellect or both; so in using the term "Mahon disciple" I was therefore applying the benefit of the doubt.

There were mitigating factors in this disaster which have been well documented but all they do is alter the degree to which the crew were responsible. Because the crew themselves still made many unforced errors even acknowledging the bad training and bad luck they had; those mitigating factors do not make the crew responsibility zero.
............I shall give both the respect they deserve. How magnanimous of you PapaHotel6.

............represents blind faith or blunted intellect or both; so in using the term "Mahon disciple" I was therefore applying the benefit of the doubt. Patronising but hardly convincing You have an incredible ego.
.............the crew themselves still made many unforced errors ​​​​​​. What "unforced errors" are you talking about? This is not a tennis match we are debating.

Aerial Perspective is bringing some well balanced and educated reasoning into this debate. As requested - "actually read the words".