PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Uprt-Loc update
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2019, 14:46
greeners

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by markkal
ONow I have stated previously in this post that a big ATO I know will use Diamond DA20 trainers with its standard instructors ( Nothing has been said about extra training for these instructors as per the broad lines set by regulation, we will see in january) And they will only show nose high / nose low, incipient stall, as they say, to "keep it safe"

I also must note that same ATO in its SOP's has modified all reference speeds for landing increasing them by 15% for "Safety", so the aircraft Flight manual and the school's SOP differ. Therefore there is a set "Buffer" to "feel" safe added in the SOP's, For the same reason the HT of the school will limit UPRT training the nose/high/nose low/incipient stall to keep a " Safety buffer" which is part of the schools philosophy.

The end result is that we have Training facilities like APS or Ultimate High offering a wholly comprehensive course with dedicated aircrafts and all envelope instructors,
And ATO's which will use utility category aircrafts, with their own atpl instructors which at most will follow a generic unspecific training for which EASA has defined very broad lines only.
EASA clearly states that FIs delivering FCL.745.A Advanced on-aircraft UPRT MUST be qualified through FCL.915(e). NAAs are allowed to make local exemptions for suitably experienced FIs, who may for example have substantial experience in delivering similar training.

And any ATO that adds a random buffer to OEM guidelines is not one that I would choose to send my students to!