PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BACX for sale.
Thread: BACX for sale.
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2003, 05:01
Bigpants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tailscrapes! Just what do you chaps define as a tailscrape? I heard the last event at LCY required the tail to be scraped off the runway and stuck back on the jet.

But just for the record how many "tailscrapes" this year? What was the Bill and most importantly why?

Clearly there are some very experienced operators of the RJ about.....but are you employing them sensibly? From what I have heard you have a number of very inexperienced RJ pilots being sent to the City on little more than a wing and a prayer.

My other concern would be the quality of management and dare I say it leadership. Has TDLF qualified on the RJ yet? How many command hours does he have on any fixed wing commercial jets?

A management pilot does not have to be the "best" pilot but in order to maintain credibility he or she has to be competent and current.

If you have suffered a number of tailscrapes this year then you have a safety problem. That needs to be recognised and dealt with by management that at least fly the jet now and again.
Regards BP