PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afghanistan and released American documents
Old 12th Dec 2019, 22:05
etudiant

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BVRAAM
Maybe so.

But, I don't want the military of my country going backwards. They're far better than the enemies they've been fighting over the last 25+ years. To go backwards, simply closes the morality gap, instead of opening it.
I think my views are in the majority within our society.

The whole calling a lawyer before pulling the trigger point is an entirely separate debate, and is a bit of a red herring to the point that was brought in to question.
Your sentiments seem seriously at variance with the way the government policy is determined, in the UK, in Europe or in NATO.
Libya was by far the fastest growing economy in Africa and Syria was a functioning multi religious state when NATO, France and the UK decided that Qaddafi and Assad had to go and unleashed the killing. The result has been a series of catastrophes, one of which was the massive flight of refugees now stressing Europe.
Those decisions were not made with any perceptible moral compass. Demanding that the military execute the resultant immoral policies morally is at best self deluded, it is impossible.