PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 12th Dec 2019, 22:01
JPJP

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by OldnGrounded
I've worked with some of those "some engineers" and I think good engineers see that attitude as bad engineering, for any system that requires end-user interaction, and especially so for critical life-safety applications. It seems to me that such an approach amounts to reckless endangerment.
Since we’re on the subject of engineering; Boeing removed the analog flight number display from the yoke. It was replaced by a digital display. That flight number then disappears immediately after landing. Seriously ? The one time I don’t need to be faffing around looking for the flight number, is when we’re taxiing around in the dark at La Guardia. It really does make you wonder.

I understand this example is a minor problem given the severity of the current issues. However; it’s also another example of regression, in the race for production speed and cost saving.

Guess I’ll continue writing the flight number down on the not-illuminated yoke clip.