PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - L3 Harris Delays
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2019, 21:20
Gonewiththewallet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a student pilot I would stay clear of any UK Aviation Commercial Schools whether integrated or modular, I should know as I worked at one for 2 years while I did my licence (it was run by complete criminals, just sucking money out of people) who wanted to do their commercial pilots licence and they knew very well as soon as your in for 5k your in for the full amount and you are game for whatever they want to do and they can extract more money out of you and you wont complain. Bit like some airlines as well btw.....

People think the UK is the best for many things, employment rights etc are miles behind many other countries in the UK. I think particularly in aviation the standard is very poor in commerical schools, German and Dutch schools dont pull the kind of stuff you read out about here.

Lots of really nice flying clubs in the UK where you should do your PPL, hour building and take your friends and family up ands how them your flying skills and make it a nice day out. Then get yourself on a fixed price all in course somewhere in Europe where you can crack on with it without any distractions.

In 99% of cases you will save time and money, I wish I had done it!