PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Uprt-Loc update
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2019, 10:19
markkal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Other than incipient spin, incipient stall / nose high/low recoveries there is nothing specific in the whole very long and bureaucratic legalese written document: ORO.FC.220&230

Now I have stated previously in this post that a big ATO I know will use Diamond DA20 trainers with its standard instructors ( Nothing has been said about extra training for these instructors as per the broad lines set by regulation, we will see in january) And they will only show nose high / nose low, incipient stall, as they say, to "keep it safe"

I also must note that same ATO in its SOP's has modified all reference speeds for landing increasing them by 15% for "Safety", so the aircraft Flight manual and the school's SOP differ. Therefore there is a set "Buffer" to "feel" safe added in the SOP's, For the same reason the HT of the school will limit UPRT training the nose/high/nose low/incipient stall to keep a " Safety buffer" which is part of the schools philosophy.

Now my question is and I would appreciate to get some insight

"Advanced" Uprt from what I have read should be starting anywhere" beyond" published parameters 25 deg nose up/ 10 nose down/ 45 AoB left and right, all the way up to the edges of the envelope for each a/c category.
Then EASA ORO.FC.220&230 is nowhere specific in this respects I can only find broad principles and the requirement for nose high/low/incipient spin exercises.

The end result is that we have Training facilities like APS or Ultimate High offering a wholly comprehensive course with dedicated aircrafts and all envelope instructors,
And ATO's which will use utility category aircrafts, with their own atpl instructors which at most will follow a generic unspecific training for which EASA has defined very broad lines only.

I have contacted EASA to ask for clarification to a regulation which is interpreted by my CAA to ask for the "meaning" as intended by the rulemaking comittee, which are lawyers not pilots, to get some answers

i got an answer aftre 3 months; EASA does not take stand if issues cannot be clarified with CAA there is a procedure available to appeal within the European Union which has adopted the regulation turning it into law.

Needless to say that following such procedure not only suggests to hire a lawyer but then there will be biblical time frame th even get a reply.