PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA to Virgin
Thread: BA to Virgin
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2019, 07:23
2 Whites 2 Reds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bex88
LHS 320, exhausted and fed up. I consider leaving but keep on doing nothing. As the time passes it gets harder to leave. If you are going to jump then do it now. Don’t end up stuck through fear of leaving for something else.

Hopefully the “relationship reset” will help.........

JSS is a disaster, easily working 15% more with exhausting trip constructions of 6 day blocks of early starts. All I ask for is a max 5 day block and in the last two months all my blocks are 6 days.

Jet2 DEC A321........
RHS LH 5 Years in......totally fed up. The lack of a home life and missing my kids growing up as a result of the seriously unbalanced work / home relationship is rapidly reaching breaking point. Trip - 2 days off - Trip 2 days off with almost every weekend at work is unsustainable. Yes the money is ok, the pension is good and most people I fly with are really good guys (and girls) but at what cost, burning out in my 50's? I'm starting to look at part time options but concerned by the hit my pension will take in the long run bearing in mind I'm only in my early 30's. Who on earth used to NEED to go part time in their 30's prior to JSS!

I've got a couple of mates waiting to start at VS who were caught up in the demise of TCX and I have to say it's becoming very very tempting before I get stuck with the golden handcuffs at Big Airways.

Bex - I was a very happy bunny at J2! Give it serious thought and if you have any questions feel free to PM me.