PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 12th Dec 2019, 06:08
Bidule

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Outofthefray
Seems like the Boeing event went down well with this reporter – see the “conclusion” below.

Translation from French by Google is unmodified here....

“Conclusion of these two days

If we consider that all the information provided to us is reliable (I dare not imagine that Boeing can try to lie hide anything), then I think we were convinced. The aircraft is ultimately not unstable and the presence of the MCAS desirable. The initial error is repaired and the pilots present, first concerned,confirmed their confidence in the plane and their willingness to take back orders at the earliest (I made an interview with the president of a Chinese pilots association , I am waiting for the validation of my images in the simulator to share them at the same time).”

I do not know how/why this ex-military pilot was invited, probably only because he is the manager of the Centre de Traitement de la Peur de l'Avion (Airplane Fear Treatment Centre); it reinforces that this event was only a PR one.
In any case, this gentleman did not follow too much the B737Max/MCAS matter before his visit; in the comments below his paper (automatic translation and my emphasizing):

"- the origin of the MCAS, which seemed new to me, has in fact been recurrent for months, it has simply never been covered in the media (and it is therefore not a communication invention imagined for our trip)"
"- the question of the aircraft's nose-up tendency is also raised by Boeing. It is not clear whether this is an ANU tendency of the aircraft in these particular flight conditions, or a lightness of the control column that could cause pilots to pull too much."

So, probably better to wait for the conclusions of a non-PR event, written by someone knowing....