PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mt Erebus Disaster 40th Anniversary
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2019, 01:29
Paragraph377

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No hurt feelings with me Prospector. You’ve picked up a couple of my errors, so be it. I’ve seen numerous errors in this thread and I too could have pointed a stick, but I’m too old and not interested these days to pay a meaningless retort. I’ve been quite candid with the fact that a few of us on here are definitely retired widebody Pilots and there is shortage of ego, pride and opinion within our group. And that includes me. We all have our thoughts, reasons and agendas. That probably won’t change for another 40 years. Perhaps Tailwheel will still be moderating the Erebus discussion when our grandchildren are flying the heavies? However I think he too will be just a plaque on a wall by the time that happens. My personal agenda is ‘justice’. In the case of Erebus, the airline, the Regulatory and the Government failed in NZ. No different to today’s failure of justice in Australia by successive Governments, CASA and other parties. It’s a drum I will beat as long as it remains an issue.

You have to feel sorry for NZ though, the next battle for them will be the public game blame over the White Island volcano tragedy. That will transpire between the Government, the tour operator, insurance companies, Geonet, WHS and whoever else can be thrown under the bus. Have fun.