PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mt Erebus Disaster 40th Anniversary
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2019, 23:28
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Paragraph377
There really is no comparison between Collins and van Zanten whatsoever. That is drawing a ridiculously long bow. Collins was respected, methodical and organised. He wasn’t somebody who rushed to get the job done and in doing so would omit facts and relevant detail. He was not an egotist nor did he lack humility, well at least not to a degree that is above the average 747 Captain. However, van Zanten was an egotistical, Impatient, self centred arrogant Dutchman, and this has been documented by numerous former co-pilots. Again, comparing the circumstances of the two 747 accidents - Erebus and Tenerife is laughable. What’s next, comparing Collins with Bud Holland of B-52 infamy, or comparing Collins with Jeffrey Dahmer??

And I see the ever arrogant ampan is still speaking derogatory of Justice Mahon and insinuating his mind was clouded by brain tissue deficiency. You just keep degrading your credibility with such foolish digs.
Thank you 377... there seem to be some people who respond without reading the post they are responding to... or not actually absorbing the words. I have said the same as you about Collins, but I never said he was incapable of making errors, just that his reputation is what called Mahon to ask how someone like him could fly into a mountain. As for ampan, enough said.