PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft off runway at LPL
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2019, 21:09
LookingForAJob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RoyHudd
Pathetic.
Maybe so in your view, but it's the way it is. In response to a question, I was simply explaining a couple of the issues that the airport operator will have to deal with, and which will take time.
Promptly moving the plane out of the way is a safety issue.
If there is nowhere else for an inbound aircraft to go, agreed, otherwise it is a business issue.
Depleting a number of airliners' fuel reserves is a bad idea. Unplanned holding/diversions are not good.
Well, empirically, it is true that an aircraft with 1 kg more fuel on board is more safe than the same aircraft with 1 kg less, in most situations, anyway. But, then again, the reserves are there for just such an eventuality.
Not an insurance issue...
I beg to differ, especially if there is any more damage done to the aircraft - someone will be liable and no-one wants it to be them if it's not necessary. I've been there and done that and I couldn't even get anyone to attach a tractor to the aircraft to tow it off the runway until insurance waivers were signed and in the handling agent base manager's hand. Your profile indicates that you fly something substantial - does your company not have certain expectations of you if you are the commander of one of their aircraft that is disabled in some way on an airport?
....and not an AIB issue either.
That you would have to take up with the AAIB. However, I'm not a lawyer but I think regulation 996/2010, article 13, para 2 is fairly clear.
Political correctness again. UK leads in this field, sad people.
Not really sure where political correctness comes in, but it's been like this for the last 40+ years since I started in this business.
Originally Posted by witttonless
lets bulldozz the heap of junk into the mersey, its costing everybody timne and money
What we need is Joe Patroni. Still like that film.