PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA to Virgin
Thread: BA to Virgin
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2019, 16:15
3wings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So trying to cut through the BS that has been spouted after Hardlanding1 asked a simple question.

750 hrs is the standard contract, part time may be available further down the road

Third pilot on trips with Block time greater than 9hr 30min. 4th pilot evaporated years ago.

If you are airbus qualified you will go airbus fleet, likewise Boeing.

Airbus Fleet currently A333/A332 and A350 coming into service now. From approx 2021 all A330s being replaced with A330 Neo.

Many people commute, but very dependent on which fleet and how many trips you have in a month. I commuted from North of M62 for 12 years, easier to do when you're younger!
Staff travel after 6 months and too much to cover here!
Boeing Fleet, A few 744s left, not sure how long they have got, rumours of extensions. Rest of the Fleet 787.

787s have the better long haul destinations with longer lay overs. Airbus shorter trips, generally one nighters but a few longer ones. A350 will have a mix of longer and shorter trips and we are planned to be single fleet A330/350, not sure yet how that will work out.

FD/CC socially still good but not as mad as it used to be......probably a good thing! Compared with what I have heard 100% better than BA, but as I have never experienced BA I can't categorically comment.

If you have less than 3000hrs you may start on a lower salary than last year due to the intro of 2 new lower pay scales. Not a B scale.

No job is perfect, its horses for courses and this old horse has been quite happy for 16 years.

Hope that helps and good luck.