PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Olympus Aviation Academy (Greece)
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2019, 15:06
John John

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
olympus aviation

Hello to you all
I was recently informed that Olympus Aviation Academy Anonymous Company will soon be officially closed by its owner. He is going to transfer, or already has the school's students and stuff to a new building (in Kalamaria, an eastern municipality of Thessaloniki) founding there a new school under the name Horizons Aviation Academy registered under a new VAT number. I can only think that Olympus is no more because of its owner's financial misdeeds and aggresive mismanagement, leading to considerable debt, otherwise I strongly believe that this school had potential. If OAA is declared bankrupt, something unfortunately I cannot know for sure, former students will not be able to press charges against the school and reclaim their refund since OAA won't exist as a legal identity. And there are various ongoing court cases against OAA.
This is not the first time that the owner and head of training Stauros Anastasiadis has done such a thing. Before 2013 he was running a namesake Horizons Academy in Peraia, Thessaloniki, and for unknown reasons he and the co-owners chose to shut down the school and split their paths. He founded Olympus at 2013 while they founded TAE aviation academy (now operating at Megara, Athens).
What I assume he is doing now is jumping from his shady and full of debts OAA enterprise into his older one HORIZONS by simply changing its VAT identification number and now he has a company with a clean record. And why wouldn't he, since he has been luring, via the school's arab facebook page, plenty unsuspecting arab students willing to offer cash upfront for visas. Most of their money end up paying his debts and if they are lucky they might get some flying hours before getting stuck (2 airplanes for more than 70 students). Sadly in the world of business such moves are only natural but almost always the one with the damage at the end is the student-client.

I will disclose any new information I have and if anyone has something new to share, please do.

With regards

Last edited by John John; 11th Dec 2019 at 21:42.