PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - L3 Harris Delays
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2019, 10:23
Bego

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They undeniably have issues at some training locations.
Namely, some being hard to provide with skilled FIs because they are in a remote location, others facing low A/C availability. You also have to factor in that they now have two fleets: one being Diamond and the other being the firsts out of 240 Pipers slowly joining in.
Now, I personally think these issues could be (temporarily!) solved with money. And let's just hope management will pull off a long term viable strategy for every aspect of their business, among which type rating and flight training. In the meantime, it indeed puts them in the precarious situation you just described.

About the cash flow, I have regularly checked their website for the past 2 years (alongside other ATOs) and over the course of this summer, the payment installment was revised. Previously it was 5000 upon signature, 5700 one month before start date, and 5300 each month from the 5th month onwards. And a large payment right before flight training. Now, it is 9000 upon signature and a steady 5000 per month until the 16th month.
In my understanding, they will get a substantially larger cash flow for the next 6 months or so.

Last edited by Bego; 10th Dec 2019 at 21:00.