PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow-2
Thread: Heathrow-2
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2019, 08:32
Navpi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
The argument will be that we need that service to Caracas as we are an international trading nation so need to do business to fund all those things - not saying its right, but that's the argument.
I tend to agree BUT if you want to go to Caracas there are a myriad one stop options, there seems to be a school of thought that we are so thick that its beyond the wit of man to get there at all.

No direct service doesn't mean no service, this myth is clearly utter codswallop.

There Is a rich irony however that all the MPs who supported this and are now bleating about basic standards of health care were told by Grayling that airport expansion would not cost the taxpayer a penny, the terminal and runway wont, but reroute, tunneling and expansion of the M25 plus all the rail connectivity needed will fall in the taxpayers lap, that's double the cost of the actual runway itself....and that's st today's prices.

The image of the child with pneumonia might be political capital to the left but I can assure you that is the norm in AE every day, it only becomes a story if it effects you personally.

if I was the parent of that child I would suspect they would much rather have the benefits of a decent health service than a daily service to Venezuela from an airport 200 miles away.

Maybe we should ALL think about that next time we clutch our chest with a possible cardio event.... or carry a limp child into a waiting area that resembles a Baghdad field hospital.....!

Last edited by Navpi; 10th Dec 2019 at 08:49.