PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA crew test positive for alcohol (Sentences)
Old 13th Nov 2003, 01:39
Captain_Happy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some seem to think that it's ok to cheat as long as you don't get caught. Perhaps in some areas, but not when it comes to drinking and flying in my opinion.
FFF, if you seriously think I'd ever condone mixing drinking and flying then you obviously haven't read my post correctly.

How a BA collegue can post a defence for someone who tarnishes their name and profession, and ultimately their livelihood, is beyond me.
See my first point; nothing in my post stated that I was defending them. I would merely suggest that you let legal proceedings take place first before hanging these guys up on a noose.

I think Ornithopter registered what I was getting at; as a member of a BA crew I take great pride in my work and don't want to be seen as "just another Nigel." Besides which, on many occasions the whole crew just go to bed knackered...

BA are no different to any other airline - this could have happened to anyone, in any airline, and to suggest otherwise is naive and hypocritical.