PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 10th Dec 2019, 06:19
737driverUS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi fellow aviators,

I would like to ask you a few questions regarding Qatar Airways position of the Type Rated Boeing First Officer which is currently open. I am from the USA and I hold a FAA ATPL and have a current and valid B737 type rating and its the aircraft which I am flying as well for my company. However, I fly both the Boeing 737 classic and the NG aircraft as my company operates the 737 fleet of 300series/400series/NG. My total time on the 737 itself is over 1000+ both classic and NG combined. I was reading the min requirements for the Type Rated Boeing First Officer states that you must be currently flying the NG series and/or EFIS version of the 737. The classics in our fleet are all EFIS screens, so before I apply, i want to make sure that since I am current and flying on both EFIS 737 classics and NG series, i am eligible to apply. Because in one of the previous posts on this forum i was reading that Qatar doesnt accept classic time unless its for the NTR position. So I dont want to apply and get a rejection and not be eligible for six months. My second question is, what is the latest interview prep gouge out there, I have been seeing latest pilot jobs.com but would appreciate any input on that. Please feel free to post here or pm me, I will certainly appreciate it. Best Regards and good luck to all that are applying .