PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2019, 02:59
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But Glyn Jones, CEO of Stobart Aviation, says the firm has listened to residents on multiple occasions and tried to offer solutions.
He said: “The average taxi time from the stand to runway is three minutes.
“We have nine aeroplanes based here. They launch in the first hour – that’s the busiest that it gets. The longest hold was less than ten minutes.
Listen and ignore comes to mind. No mention then of their plans to more than double flights in this statement? Can’t think why that would be. 40m from a live Taxiway is extraordinary close and makes London City seem rural with its housing locations.

This is not down to Stobart who are only following the rules but the council who set the rules. What I find stunning is that the council does not appear to get a cut from passenger fees seeing they own the asset. I wonder who led the original lease negotiations? Probably the same person who negotiated Brexit. If the council got passenger income they would be more likely to ignore the complaints and promote expansion which happens at my local airport. For airport expansion to go ahead I can see a complete night ban but would that be a bad thing if it meant more passengers from the airports supporters point of view?

Last edited by LTNman; 10th Dec 2019 at 03:15.