PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Uprt-Loc update
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2019, 00:22
ZFT
N4790P

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by BEagle
FCL.745.A Advanced UPRT is a prerequisite only for ATPL issue. It may be completed either during an integrated course or as a standalone course flown with certain training providers.

It is emphatically NOT an aerobatic course; however, aircraft used for the course should be suitable for the task and it makes sense to use something like a T67 to afford greater protection should a training event go awry.

I once saw a videoclip of UPRT 'training' conducted by some American in an Extra 300. He talked incessantly and concentrated on sudden departures from controlled flight. Some of the worst flight instruction I've ever seen.

However, stand by for news from EASA next month. While Advanced UPRT in light aeroplanes and basic UPRT during CPL or MPL courses is going fine, recurrent training for ATPL holders is highlighting a severe lack of qualified full flight simulators certified as capable of replicating UPRT elements accurately... So some form of deferment is likely to be announced.

Frequent 'stalling' of multi-pilot FFS is likely to knock hell out of them. No doubt this wasn't taken into account when this whole UPRT elephant in the room was agreed.
I believe what you refer to is the Draft Decision in accordance with Article 15 (Direct publication) of MB Decision No 18-2015 published on 18th November 2019 with a very short deadline for submission of comments of 4 December 2019 (which proposes extending the deadline from 20th December 2019 until 20th April 2020 for qualification of applicable FSTDs).

Whilst I doubt FFSs are likely to fall apart, I concur fully about the UPRT circus and the industry it has spawned.