PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargo Jet makes a 360 at 100’
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2019, 00:08
Lilaccruiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks everyone for generating such a hugely entertaining thread! Pprune is a secret fascination of mine not only for the deep technical knowledge and insight into fascinating topics on display, but also for the humour, ridiculousness and general humanity of the contributions. I once flew a Chipmunk for 10 minutes (or at least I thought I did) under very close control somewhere above Honington, but alas that is the total extent of my flying career. But like many of us self loading types, I admire you daredevil pilot types deeply. So, there was I, in a bar in Istanbul this weekend with my two grown up sons, neither of whom has any particular interest in your world, showing them the initial two videos from this thread and then explaining the way in which the thread, by sheer force of argument and deft marshalling of the facts by several contributors,, moved from horror and condemnation to delight and appreciation of the skills on display. And then moved into the realm of high comedy and satire with the two Baghdad posts. My lads completely got it just as I had,

Bravo pprunesters, you’ve created a work of art.