PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1969 BP Sponsored London - Sydney Air Race
Old 9th Dec 2019, 16:30
henryschmoeger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I thought I've give you all a quick update about the progress of the documentary.

The last few weeks have been a mixture of disappointment, success and relief. Having finally made contact with Carl Schofield and his son Jim Schofield, I was able to get a concrete answer from the two. After lengthy discussions with Jim Schofield and much deliberation from his father, I received an email from Carl Schofield confirming what I'd been thinking for a while. In very plain English, Carl told me that he was unable to participate in the documentary for a myriad of reasons, which I completely understand. It's a real shame, but there's nothing more I can do. After all, I can't force them to do anything they don't want to do. With Jim and Carl out of the equation, and no leads on Jan Behrman, I decided to use the information Sygyzy gave me about the aircraft they used during the air race. Using that information, I have managed to track down the current owner of the aircraft, a very engaging and friendly man called Steve. His enthusiasm was clear to see from the moment I read his first email, which was relieving to say the least. As of last Tuesday, we've been in continuous dialogue with one another, and hopefully if all goes well I think we may be able to film the Beech N35 Bonanza, as well interview him about his experiences with the aircraft.

*Update* - Steve has agreed to let us film his Beech N35 Bonanza and is more than happy to be interviewed.