PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Climate Change and YSSY crosswinds?
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2019, 15:51
De_flieger

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Daddy Fantastic
The climate models used today have been proven to be wildly inaccurate. That is a FACT not a claim. The fact that the main champions and poster children for man made climate emergency are The Left wing people like Hollywood, Greta Thunberg and the left liberal media including FAKE NEWS CNN says a hell of a lot.

We on the right require FACTS....not a tug on the heart strings.
Please, by all means, show me where those models have been proven to be wildly inaccurate? Because here's a very recent article "Even 50 years ago, climate models were way more accurate than deniers claim" that discusses a large number of those models, and how over the years and decades since they were run, their predictions were compared with what was later actually observed. Scientists working in the field have gone back and looked at the historical predictions and where they diverged from the observations, and where they agreed, and the overall conclusions were that the majority of the models produced results that in later years matched up with what was observed.

If you want facts, me too. Here's a few that are of interest. The four hottest years on record to date have been 2016, 2015, 2017 and 2018 in that order. 2019 is about to push out one of them, to be either the second or third hottest year on record, according to the World Meteorological Organisation , that goes on to point out a few other things like the fact that since the 1980s, each decade has been warmer than the one before. Those figures are backed up by, and in agreement with publications by NASA, the UK Meteorological Office and NOAA. If you don't believe them for whatever reason, the Chinese Met Administration have released their "Green Book" talking about the observed climate changes and their impacts, and even the Russians have released their annual climate report - it's in Russian but scrolling through it you can find a bunch of charts that show upwards observed temperature trends. Even Vladimir Putin has said that Russia is warming faster than the rest of the world, and stated "Increasing production and the consumption of energy in traditional ways inevitably means new risks and further climate change". I know some people believe that there is some kind of conspiracy between researchers to manipulate the temperature record to create some false warming signal for some reason, but it'd have to be a pretty amazing conspiracy to reach across the researchers at the lowest levels of the CSIRO and Bureau of Meteorology, as far south as Antarctica, to NASA, the UK, across to the politically opposed China and then Russia, all the way as high as Vladimir Putin himself....at some point surely Occam's Razor has to come into play?

This observed warming is in the context of a reducing solar energy input over the last few years, as the sun goes through it's cycles, and an increasing level of atmospheric CO2. It's interesting to look at a lot of the documents put forward by those who consider themselves skeptics and see that they have data points that have stopped around 2010-2014, as the observed warming becomes more apparent and the temperature record diverges from the observed solar input trends. Those are facts, what you or I, politicians or anyone else chooses to do because of them are a perfectly valid debate. Personally I go for a circular runway to avoid the crosswinds, maybe with a conveyor belt?