PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2019, 11:34
RexBanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kookiesandkreme

I know it’s been posted before, but what’s the difference in net pay? Just for example someone on year one?
I can’t really comment on PP1 so maybe my comments are of little value but I haven’t noticed a massive difference to my payslip since moving to Gatwick. I hardly do any daytrips here (none in January) and when I do it’s mainly when called off reserve, I am top 20% here so coming in junior you’re probably not going to be able to achieve that to the same extent unless you know of some good Carmen hacks. So it either is a negligible pay differential or a reasonably sizeable one of several hundreds of pounds dependent on your ability to get the few nightstops that exist here. I can only agree with MikeAlpha320’s comments, Gatwick is a far, far, far nicer place to see out your engagement freeze. Its just a much nicer and more harmonious working environment here and a far lesser proportion of the LHS are “difficult” characters like the ones that exist at LHR. The nightstops are good at LHR (and don’t get me wrong I miss some of them) but in every other respect it’s horrible (IMVHO).