PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 8th Dec 2019, 17:25
OldnGrounded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Grebe
mea culpa - but for Bomb... to give that explanation at this late date is even worse. Virtually all the previous explanations starting in march referred to the high speed high altitude windup turn with aft CG being the driving issue and the initial Airspeed and g load restrictions such that only .6 or so degrees of stab motion needed. It was the low spped, low altitude issue which resulted in the 4 times stab motion to push nose down . .

Back to the ' lies, damm lies, and statistics mantra
Confused me, too, when I went back and looked at the date. I forgot that Learmount is a Brit. (Reminder to self: Use month names when international readers might be confused. "7 December" or "December 7th" are equally clear to all.)

Regardless, whatever the timing of Craig Bomben's fundamentally-inaccurate explanation, it indicates either than he doesn't know how MCAS developed or he was deliberately speaking something less than the truth. I'm not quite certain which possibility is more alarming.