PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "737 Performance Reference Handbook" question
Old 8th Dec 2019, 10:40
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by D-OCHO
Ok reason I ask if this is also applicable to Improved Climb is that last week I checked the TOW between a WET runway and a DRY runway and for the same Runway, same Temperarture, same QNH, same Slope I had a WET TOW of 77 Ton and a DRY TOW of 75,8 Ton. Now as I read the rule I am limited by the DRY runway TOW of 75,8 Ton on a WET runway.
Yes.

The algorithm (rules) for wet runway calculation has some of the conservative buffers within removed, compared to the dry one. This is done to obtain wet results that are not operationally (cash) crippling. The reasoning is that statistically, we operate from wet surfaces far less often, and for a limited exposure some of the margins could be relaxed. (How probable is to get OEI + WET + perf. limiting ops, at the same time).

Now and then mathematically it is possible to obtain a higher performance-limiting weight using the wet algorithm. Not the intention of the regulator, and so a "the loweset of" rule will apply.