PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Climate Change and YSSY crosswinds?
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2019, 08:55
dr dre

Received 360 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by HabuHunter
So of the 700 scientists you eliminate 101 of them... I supposed you used sourcewatch or skeptical science websites again to “debunk” these scientists.....what about the remaining 599?

I'll refer you to the link TimmyTee posted above.
https://climatefeedback.org/evaluati...imate-science/

I categorized all 506 signatories according to their self-identified field of expertise. Only 10 identified as climate scientists, and 4 identified as meteorologists. (Together, that’s 2.8% of the total.) Signatories in totally unrelated academic fields (for example, psychology, philosophy, archaeology, and law) outnumbered climate scientists by two to one.
It seems at sometime the list of signatories jumped from 500 to 700 but it doesn't really matter. There were only 14 people on that declaration that could be counted as experts in the subject field. You said directly in your post #245 that "700 climate scientists have written to the U.N. to say there is no climate emergency." That is false. Far less than 700 climate scientists wrote to the UN in a document with no scientific data presented. You're either mistaken or not telling the truth.

I’m just trying to help you see your own logical fallacies
“There’s still a debate ongoing within science” is a logical fallacy itself.

also try to ensure that both sides of the debate get a fair and rational airing.
The debate in the scientific community was done and resolved a long time ago.
Saying “both sides” implies that it’s roughly an even split between deniers and scientists, again this isn’t even remotely the case.

For for others who are more open minded and interested in getting a bit of balance in the debate:
https://clintel.nl/wp-content/upload...tober-2019.pdf

Could you please point out where the peer reviewed studies or documents that back up each of those claims made on page 2 of that document (Warming is slow, unreliable models, CO2 is good) are located? Could you post some links to those from some credible scientific sources please?

Last edited by dr dre; 7th Dec 2019 at 09:48.