PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-92 and Leonardo AW101 VVIP.
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2019, 00:00
rigoletto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nomorehelosforme
Please correct me if I’m wrong, surely your client travels by private jet? In my limited experience of private jet travel In Europe and the USA I have never encountered the problems you mentioned regarding the airport process. Even when traveling commercial these processes can be pretty seamless, I’m sure you know the process!
Not private jets but regular commercial ones. Private jets would not really make sense for these routes (far easier to simple buy a train/jet ticket, and the distances are too short to make sense buying one) and would not really solve the problem either because we would still need to go to airport (which is not really close - about 1 and a half hour by car), and ever if the process would be simpler that would not be as ready as having a helicopter on site - this is a large industrial facility (port) and we already have a helipad around too (a small hangar could be constructed if necessary), and our regular destinies in this context are in general other similar facilities. :-)

Private jets are used from time to time, usually to Asia and South America, and when the trips are short in time (couple/few days), specially when there would have a need to go to more than one country/place in a short period of time (couple/few days). People in here don't really mind to luxury but to logistics, and stuff should be ready to work at any time.

Btw, in every airport I know you can't simply get in there, board the plane and go like is done with trains. I don't know other people experience, but every time a put a foot on the airport it take at very least 30 min to be in the plane with it ready to take-off.