PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low Cost SCUM!
Thread: Low Cost SCUM!
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2003, 23:20
BankAngle50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FBD----When I first started reading your post I couldn’t help thinking “wow what a OneWorld Basher this guy is.” You confirmed my initial thoughts with your closing statements. Now before you start on me as a OneWorld supporter, I would like to openly state I am a Star supporter via KrisWorld; which thankfully I had all my miles on AN accredited to SQ via Star.

You state that you couldn’t credit miles on AA or The Cunning Lingus (EI) ! Hummmm!!!! Can I suggest you are trying to bull-sh1t everybody in this industry and embassy yourself, when you claim that miles earned on a OneWorld Alliance sector (AA and EI) could not be credited to your QF frequent flyer account!!! Whilst I predominantly travel Star alliance, I do have a QF frequent flyer account as well (when Co-bus tickets on AA/QF are not avail). I rang QF frequent flyer and asked them about the sectors on AA and EI that you quoted and whether miles under OneWorld are available on my QF account. “Absolutely sir, as these are OneWorld sectors.” The only exception was if you are using a heavily discounted ticket you may get 80% or 50% of the miles, but these fare basis tickets are not normal issued. Blah blah blah!! I have never been screwed on this, even when buying those cheapie BA online tickets across the Channel (which are firm and mean you don’t get offloaded even though they are only a few bucks more than ID90).

QF Frequent flyer--Qantas works together with Aer Lingus, American Airlines®, British Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways, Finnair, Iberia and LanChile to offer seamless travel to over 650 destinations.

Qantas Frequent Flyers earn points and Status credits when flying on eligible oneworld flights. Frequent Flyer points can also be used to redeem Flight Awards on eligible oneworld flights.

I have had all my sectors on AA and BA credited to QF under OneWorld and actually got more miles for short hops on BA in the EU because off the minimum 1000 miles guarantee per sector, than I would have otherwise received using Star.

RE the food: I flew AA MIA-DFW and received a full good meal in coach. I fly AA’s daily B777 service LAX-LHR often in both Coach and First (never Bussiness, so I cannot comment on this service). I have found the food to be excellent in both the First and Coach class. Obviously its Coach when I’m paying personally and not the boss. You surely are not going to advocate that Star serves up meals of a hirer caliber than OneWorld. The crap comes from the same kitchen; it’s only the meal costing which varies (Y.B F etc). My QF meal last month from LHR was better than the meals on SQ
(same sector). You are being a little pedantic on this issue. I agree that some short sectors on AA could offer a better meal service in Coach.

Lets not try and bullsh1t everybody that choose to travel OneWorld. Hey its their choice, just like I choose Star and SQ. Leave the public bullsh1tting to the experts that run the LCC’s. Yes I hope for Star to return to Oz soon as well. We will then have some competition on the premium routes again. At the moment its too easy for the Tossers at VB to yell low cost to the public by knocking 50 bucks off the QF premium fare whilst blasting the public’s ear that they are “keeping the air fare!” What a con!!!

Last edited by BankAngle50; 12th Nov 2003 at 23:30.