PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 6th Dec 2019, 19:31
JPcont

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GlobalNav
Typical. Boeing cites delay in approval for its change in production rate.

Kind of like saying it's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop.

The Boeing fall is ALL theirs to own. Good that someone puts an end to that fall.
For me, it is a mystery, why don’t MAX fly. It has to be some political inside the company. In physical/mathematical world the alternative facts are not useful. If theory is right, it predicts the phenomenon. Fighting against wind mills might need bravery but it is stupid. In this case stupidity is expensive.

In this case, a control law competing with the pilot was implemented to augment stick forces (for stall preventing purposes). To some extent, the competition is justified, but from control theory perspective, it leads potentially to a situation where stronger wins. If the system just adds the stick force and it could be turned off, major harm could be avoided. If the system spoils the aerodynamics for longer period the is needed to recovery, the system is brain damaged.

In the Boing, they must have known for a long time that they have a brain damaged system that is very hard to fix. Even I wrote it in this thread after second accident. For some reason they have denied the hard truth and wasted valuable time.

Nowadays people are speaking about augmented reality and similar topics. In this case augmented force to stick would probable solve the problem but they have chosen to change the reality (at least in couple of meaning of it) .

Somebody should stop this stupidity and admit the false design rules. I bet the problem could be fixed relatively soon after someone start to think out of the tiny box and stops shooting the messenger.

Last edited by JPcont; 6th Dec 2019 at 20:33. Reason: Typos and missing tabs