PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2019, 05:12
Just_landed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,
Thanks for all the inputs on this thread. Many insights were shared, kudos.

I have worked as an expat in different airlines, I mean as a "tax paid by the company" expat or "tax not needed to be paid" expat, but I have never been into a commuting roster in any of my expat roles so far.

I am still considering this gig in a Capt 767 (NTR) role, so I'm gathering info as much as I can. Hence a curiosity, if somebody could explain it. From what I gather in this thread, somewhere it was mentioned that you need an employment pass or something of that sort to get an address, bank account, driving licence etc, so I am guessing the commuting roster salary would be paid directly to your home country bank account.
So curiosity is,
1. Is the salary paid to your home country bank account or any account of your choice (e.g. expat accounts in HKG or SIN)?
2. The hotel stay during your 20 days or whatever days ON is paid by the company or is it like paid by you every time you checkout or deducted from your salary on a X days block basis or what? Wait, is it even a hotel stay because CAE job page mentions accommodation allowance too? I am confused now.
3. The local to and from airport to hotel transport and meal expenses during your ON days...is that also paid off or you arrange it on your dime? This one is stupid but I am just so curious to figure out the cost of living 18 or 20 days every month in Japan with this type of setup.
4. The non-type rated (which is my category) candidates have to pay some upfront or is it like 100% amount bonded against a couple of years?
5. How do you enter Japan once you are on this type of job, like on a crew visa or something or you get a temporary govt. Id because it seems you just won't have any sort of Id to identify yourself as a non-resident of Japan.
6. I recall it being mentioned that as AJX pilot you shall be doing only international flights, so that means either you are in the cockpit or the hotel. Guess what I am coming at is how a sample roster looks like over this 20 ON day spread?

I still have so many curiosities but I guess this is good enough for starters.

Anybody care to share upon this?

Thanks and Happy Landings,
Just Landed.