PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Climate Change and YSSY crosswinds?
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2019, 04:44
dr dre

Received 359 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by George Glass
But its not the point , is it ?
Sooner or later this rather adolescent debate will have to progress to finding real world solutions.
The first step to solving a problem is admitting there is one. Have a debate on solutions to the problem by all means, but at the moment the issue is getting some to admit that the problem exists.

Some come around. The current NASA administrator was originally a climate change denier. Look what happened:

The former congressman from Oklahoma had long denied the scientific consensus on climate change and said in a 2013 speech on the House floor that "global temperatures stopped rising 10 years ago."

In May, Bridenstine first announced publicly that he now believes human activity is the main cause of climate change.

“I heard a lot of experts, and I read a lot,” Bridenstine told the Washington Post on Tuesday. “I came to the conclusion myself that carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas that we've put a lot of it into the atmosphere and therefore we have contributed to the global warming that we've seen. And we've done it in really significant ways.”
NASA chief says he changed mind about climate change because he 'read a lot’

Last edited by dr dre; 6th Dec 2019 at 05:02.