PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 6th Dec 2019, 03:59
dluxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by umop apisdn
The CBP officer then makes the call as to how long to make your status last for, usually 2 years from date of entry. This is why your Valid Until stamp in your passport always seems like some random date into the future, beyond that of the current E3 expiry.
I think I get what you mean... You need the red visa number from the E3D and your i94 to apply for the EAD - however, once it is issued it is dated to the end of your E3D validity, with no mention of the actual red visa number on the EAD card.

So you could reapply (with the E3 primary) 4-6 months early, and once that is issued, re-enter on the new visa but continue to work on the existing EAD card while waiting on the new one to be issued.

Am I on the same track as you?

I still would be wary, as it sounds like a loophole more than the intended implementation. Plus you'd be trying to get your spouse's workplace to agree to 2 weeks visa leave every 18 months instead of 24. Quite frankly, it's probably easier to apply to one of the many regionals as the primary E3, regardless if your spouse is also a primary E3 or not.