PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Climate Change and YSSY crosswinds?
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2019, 03:15
George Glass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well dr dre , I have to confess a sneaking admiration for the grimly determined way you persist in your mission of converting the great unwashed into seeing the marvellous advantages of the scientific method. But I already get that. I got it when I completed a BSc in 1979.

But its not the point , is it ?

The over-subscribed float of 1.5% of Saudi Aramco next week will raise around $25.6 billion and value the company at $1.7 trillion.

Where I live , Australia ( I see you cryptically inhabit “ The World “ - Wow ! ) coal and gas exports amount to 26.5% of total exports valued at around $87 billion annually. Iron ore is around 15% and is often processed using , shock , horror , metallurgical coal. Then there is bauxite that is turned into aluminium by prodigious amounts of cheap electricity.

Does any of that suggest that fossil fuels are on the way out ? Then of course there is Jet A1 , diesel etc.etc. I could go on but hopefully you get the point.

Sooner or later this rather adolescent debate will have to progress to finding real world solutions.

Baying at the moon wont do it.