PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 6th Dec 2019, 00:06
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
A good question. Why do i continue to engage with CASA

I comprehend that there are individuals on these posts that have "industry leading knowledge" of the legal aspects of my case. The weighting of those contributions is acknowledged, appreciated, noted, and accepted. This thread is a very public record, and would be essential reading for anyone involved in my matter with similar levels of expertise. A valuable network has also been established. I also appreciate that such learned persons would look at thiks from a more prcatical and emotional standpoint than i.

The legal argument is only one aspect, and that will be played out i assume in a Court of Law. Recall that this matter commenced 6 months before i went public on pprune, when i became convinced that i had no other option. What you have seen on here, is the mere tip of the iceberg, i can assure you. All will be revealed.

I have never blindsided CASA. I have forewarned them of my next course of action, confidentially on all occasions. They have made decisions, and effectively chosen the path of this journey. Multiple, well intentioned and fair options have been presented. The Board has had every opportunity to determine if ,in their opinion, the principles of good governance have been applied.

But this entire situation by its very nature has a bigger purpose. I will transfer those funds to the lawyer 15 minutes before the bank closes today, but that will officially be the end of any opportunity for well intentioned engagement. I will be seen to do everything i reasonably can to avoid that path, right up until the last minute. That opportunity finishers at Bankers hours today.

It will be disappointing. I have been in courts before and had some pretty big "issues" with Companies such as BDO (multinational), Toyota, Fairwork, and never had to use a lawyer.

The process is simple. You turn up. You turn up well intentioned. You tell the truth. A learned person makes a decision. You shouldn't need a lawyer.

You need a lawyer when you have concerns the other party will turn up, but may not be well intentioned, or may not tell the truth. I recognise I definitely need a lawyer!!!!!!

This argument must be played out in public because it is much bigger than Glen Buckley and affected parties getting fairly compensated.

CASA has chosen to make it a bigger argument, not me.

The truth is ( I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way, gulp)

If I was a Chinese Australian, an Indian Australian, a Philippine Australian, or any other newer Australian. If I was a female. I would have failed, and I still may. Unfortunately for CASA I was born here and from day one every Australian value has flowed through my blood. A small team of bullying men, isn't going to stop me.

Unlike any other Country in the world. I know that if I firmly dig my heals in for what is right, and stand by my ethics, act only in the truth, am well prepared, and steadfastly refuse to be bullied or intimidated by CASA, I will actually prevail, and I know it.

Its just unfortunate for CASA that they picked on me. There is no safety case. There was no accident, no plane slid off a runway or even dinged a wingtip. No rules were breached and still CASA remain unable to make a decision.

If this matter does not effect the required change in CASA the industry really is doomed, and sadly I will agree with Dick Smith on this matter.

It will effect change.

It may be that the law firm comes back and says. Glen. Your right. Those men ( and they are only men) aren't very pleasant, and they certainly pushed the boundaries but they gotcha.

In that case it will be over for me, but a very public record will be left. Eventually change must come. Lets just hope that it comes quick enough that all the well intentioned personnel within CASA can stick it out, and operate in the environment that they would prefer to operate in.

Assuming that i have to go to the bank late today, i suggest that Mr Graeme Crawford the Aviation Group Executive Manager who would be the accountable person i assume, would walk across to Dr Alecks office (Executive Manager of Legal and Regulatory Affairs) and say "Here, have your baby back".

Irrespective PPrune provides my one and only forum. I chose it, because it is appropriately discrete, as opposed to other social media options, i can get support via these pages and until you've walked in my shoes you wont appreciate how important that has been, and continues to be.

The legal argument is one argument, my challenge is to continue on here and not compromise that process. If anybody believes that any comment on here may compromise that process, i would appreciate them reaching out, and establishing contact.

Cheers. Glen.

Everyones involvement on these pages is important and appreciated.