PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MEL definition
Thread: MEL definition
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2019, 19:59
hans brinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pineteam

Hello Hans Brinker,
Many of my flights are shorts ones and we carry lots of fuel. Our company is very conservative for the fuel policy and our aircraft are very well maintained. We very seldom have MEL at the first place. Maybe I sounded like a cowboy but I’m not, and the decision to go back to the gate or not would be taken with the FO and maybe with the company if I have time to stop and send and Acars message or give a call. I never had to make that decision yet actually; Only had “can go failure” maybe twice in 5 years.
Commercial Single engine operation is allowed in some countries, I flew Cessna Caravan for 2 and half years in Zambia. But yes, I undestand why it’s forbidden in most countries. = )
Hi Pine,
I wasn't suggesting you are a cowboy, it is my companies policy to handle problems during taxi out this way. I really mean it should not be up to the judgement of the pilot, because in my opinion that puts to much go pressure on the pilot. In my company we have a flow chart (posted above). Even if I can reset the system (with an published reset procedure or phone help from MOC), I have to enter the successful reset in the AML for tracking and advise MOC. For anything else, back I go.
Also I meant to say SE IFR Commercial, but even that may be allowed in some places...