PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 5th Dec 2019, 18:26
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Legal update

Good morning folks.

I will get back on during the day or evening, and I must be somewhat careful.

Firms have been met with.
Some people of "note" who have been able to facilitate introductions to firms and personnel that I could not have achieved alone.
A substantive team has been decided.
Two meetings have been conducted.
An ENORMOUS body of well documented files by person and topic have been prepared submitted and reviewed two weeks ago to the legal firm
An initial review has been completed.
At this stage it is worth proceeding.
The firm contacted me yesterday, and generated the first invoice of $9990 was been given to me yesterday.
I attempted to transfer funds for that payment, last night but was limited by a $1000 limit.
The invoice will be paid in full today for Stage One.

For CASAs clarity. At this stage, I am reviewing my options. No legal action has formally commenced, therefore CASA should continue as normal at this stage. This is simply the process funded to see whether or not I have a valid basis for a claim.

Until that action is commenced, CASA are fully aware that my preference is a resolution through well intentioned face to face dialogue. Multiple formal requests have been made, and they have not been accepted by CASA.

If CASA force me to initiate a large law case, it will happen if CASA choose this as their most preferred option.

On receipt of the first transfer,which will be made today, the process will commence.

Regarding the Go Fund Me. This is for legal expenses only. It is not a case of "use some of the money for lawyers".

My living expenses are my responsibility, and as a family we will attend to those matters.

The generous donations made by supporters will be used for legal matters only.

Should I get this to the Courtroom as is my desire, it will clearly be seen, how may times I tried to avoid this path. It will be clearly evident that CASA forced me down this path.

Tragically, if CASA cannot apply the standards of governance and ethics that are expected of them, the irony is not lost on me that i have to actually initiate a large legal action to ensure that CASA does apply those standards that are imposed on them.

I might be the first person to take a safety regulator to court to make sure they actually do their job.

This entire process could have been avoided, had CASA followed their own Regulatory Philosophy and Administrative law.

There can be no doubt that CASA have already invested many hundreds of thousands of dollars into bringing me down.

Funds and peoples time that should have been directed to aviation safety has been redirected to crushing me.

Irrespective of the legal determination, a very public display of the culture of CASA is now clearly on record.

Last edited by glenb; 5th Dec 2019 at 18:39.