PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Poseidon - Not too long to wait?
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2019, 12:31
Surplus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

MAD on the P8, why have the Indians got it? Have they got less of an 'acoustics suite', do they not have the 'hush-hush' non acoustic sensors that make it obsolete? Don't they have Multi Statics or are they 'just not as good as us?' Was it a political/cost decision to exclude it from our aircraft? I'm not going to give away my background, but the step from the Mk1 Nimrod to the Mk2 ON DAY ONE was an improvement (apart from the CAMBS!). The step from my last platform to the P8 was several decades back. Nothing to do with politics or company spiel, just an operator. Stand off sonar? Are we talking Littoral or 'Blue water', cos I'd love to see your clear RF channels in the Littoral environment at altitude!(even if they occupy 50% of the original bandwidth.) Please forgive me if you think that I'm not glad we're getting the P8, at least this is a foot in the door and the seedcorn guys have got something to go back to. As for the Sarbe/Autolocus switch argument... grow up.. I doubt many of you were around on the MK1 days to have even seen it! And if you were