PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mt Erebus Disaster 40th Anniversary
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2019, 04:34
3 Holer
Whispering "T" Jet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chronic Snoozer says:
"So you're saying that anyone who questions with the outcome of the Mahon inquiry (which of course was infallible) is either ignorant or fails to grasp the facts?"

Not at all Snoozer, what I said was (and I shall spell it out for you- in BOLD text) -
Jim Collins and his crew hadnothing whatsoever to do with the cause of this accident as has been confirmed by highly qualified legal persons, multiple inquiries and aviation experts worldwide (I am not including the ones on this forum!). Only ignorance and a failure to grasp the facts in this accident would make anyone "suggest" otherwise.

The Mahon Inquiry was only a part of the of the many appeals, exhaustive investigations by Vette et al, into the effects of whiteout and visual deception, open admissions by Air New Zealand and the New Zealand government that they had got it wrong about the findings of the Chippendale report blaming Pilot Error for the crash and finally, the Privy Council conceding the pilots had NO CASE TO ANSWER in this whole disgraceful affair.
As I said in the last debate (15 years ago), there will never be a change to Mahon & the Privy Council's official finding. However, it is OK to get together on this forum and chew the fat.

Look forward to 2020 when they officiate the memorial in Antarctica.

Last edited by 3 Holer; 5th Dec 2019 at 05:13.