PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MEL definition
Thread: MEL definition
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2019, 00:44
pineteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hans brinker
In aviation it pays to be conservative, and the reason for 3 computers isn't just redundancy, but being able to vote. I for sure would go back to the gate with any no-dispatch discrepancy. The fact that you and I (both experienced pilots) disagree about this is all the proof I need to conclude it should not be left to the judgement of the pilot.
I don't fly single engine myself but as far as I can remember you cannot fly commercial single engine with pax. Do you think that is a n extremely conservative attitude from the regulator?
Hello Hans Brinker,
Many of my flights are shorts ones and we carry lots of fuel. Our company is very conservative for the fuel policy and our aircraft are very well maintained. We very seldom have MEL at the first place. Maybe I sounded like a cowboy but I’m not, and the decision to go back to the gate or not would be taken with the FO and maybe with the company if I have time to stop and send and Acars message or give a call. I never had to make that decision yet actually; Only had “can go failure” maybe twice in 5 years.
Commercial Single engine operation is allowed in some countries, I flew Cessna Caravan for 2 and half years in Zambia. But yes, I undestand why it’s forbidden in most countries. = )

Last edited by pineteam; 5th Dec 2019 at 09:17. Reason: Typo