PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates
Thread: Emirates
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2019, 18:55
Saulman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fatbus
Roster vary way too much to use any individuals roster as an example. Fleet crewing is constantly changing hence 777 Not bad at the moment but 777 to 380 transfers will change that. 10 days off per month ! Work on that, bottom bid months - back of the clock night turns. Top bid month (1) maybe get a request ! Buyer beware if you venture here. Also the shine will wear off .
Upgrades are a real wild card but 5-7 now the norm , yes some guys got it in 3.5 but not the norm.
Do you have to buy a property now for EK to pay for your accommodation? If not it’s company provided, in the towers?

My other half is a nurse and she fancies the move for something different for a period of time and I’m sure she’d secure work, I’m not one for Shiny jet syndrome an airplane is an airplane, I think I’d enjoy working with folks from all over the world while at work.
As I said earlier We’re just back and planning to head back next winter, and possibly for a few days before that to walk around. It’s all well and good seeing the Tourists sights and walking around the malls, day to day leaving would be very different. It’s a big move, and it would be on paper for years. So it’s a big move.

Personally I feel the command is golden handcuffs at my company, no one seems to leave. I’m not sure I can do 40 years at FR with a full medical health, 4 sector days and 25m turnarounds. It’s nice to hear there’s still good aspects about the company. Although corroding away at the medical insurance is something I’d be curious to hear about.