PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MEL definition
Thread: MEL definition
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2019, 15:43
hans brinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pineteam

Yes you can because many « No dispatch » conditions are extremely conservative. And if you are outstation with no maintenance, you happy that you can legally proceed. I mean come on, modern airliners have so many redundancies. So if I understand correctly you would not go if you lose 1 computer out of 3 on a an A320 cause Mel says no dispatch but would happily fly a Cessna 172 relying on one engine? xD. I’m obviously not talking about hydraulic or serious failure that is a no brainer to go back. Once again it’s all about good judgement and airmanship.
In aviation it pays to be conservative, and the reason for 3 computers isn't just redundancy, but being able to vote. I for sure would go back to the gate with any no-dispatch discrepancy. The fact that you and I (both experienced pilots) disagree about this is all the proof I need to conclude it should not be left to the judgement of the pilot.
I don't fly single engine myself but as far as I can remember you cannot fly commercial single engine with pax. Do you think that is a n extremely conservative attitude from the regulator?