PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MEL definition
Thread: MEL definition
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2019, 04:54
hans brinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PENKO
That's a different discussion jaja. An interesting discussion for those quiet cruise portions on a long flight indeed, but still a different discussion.
Now we can produce a long list of failures and ask 'would you take off'. Or we can ask one simple question: why have the regulators chosen the moment of taxi as the start of a flight with respect to defect handling? Apparently they trust our professionalism.

Fair enough, no?
Not really. After flying JAA for a few years, I now fly FAA. According to some we are cowboys here, but I m surprised at the cavalier attitude towards failures I see here on this every thread.For discrepancy between off block and take off we have a procedure to to follow. At some point, if we can't get it resolved we have to either MEL it (if it is pilot defferable) or return to the gate. I am utterly lost how you would ever think it is acceptable to take an airplane airborne with a known failure just because it happened after you released the parking brake, but before you got to the runway.

Last edited by hans brinker; 4th Dec 2019 at 14:48.