PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mt Erebus Disaster 40th Anniversary
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2019, 03:00
Paragraph377

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE Is that your belief as to the cause of this accident, the computer had been changed??[/QUOTE]

Prospector, we’ve danced this dance over the years. Go back and read all of my quotes. There were several causal factors. The root cause was the reprogramming of the nav system without telling the crew.

Thanks for checking my background, one can never be sure of whom they are speaking with dear friend. I could check yours, but to me that is as interesting as a bald weasel with a chainsaw eating broccoli while watching Gilligan's Island.

As for my very naughty use of the word ‘computer’, how simply awful. In future I will use correct terminology and phraseology such as Inertial Navigation System, Aircraft Information Network System, Computer Navigation Track, even Air New Zealand instead of ANZ. Hopefully you won’t be offended by my using more modern acronyms relating to the beautiful 777 such as AIMS, ADIRU, ADIRS and SAARU. And if you are, I really don’t care. My career was fulfilling and the 747 and 777 will always remain the two best commercial aircraft ever made. It’s been 5 years since I retired. How about you?