PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Strategic Defence Review 2020 - get your bids in now ladies & gents
Old 3rd Dec 2019, 19:44
Countdown begins

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Lima Juliet
So what 1,000 Wg Cdr+ are these then? Also, have you any idea the amount of tripe that has been espoused by your suggested outsourced consultants that effectively regurgitate what they have been told after consulting with Service personnel? The average spend was over £5,000 per consultant per day back in 2011 - what have we got to show for that investment?(rhetorical question)

https://spendmatters.com/uk/mod-payi...ants-evidence/

You want some ‘lateral thinking’? Empower your personnel with at least 15 years of experience to inform your leadership without diluting their message. Also, trust your people and delegate until you start to feel uncomfortable; then back it off a bit (just a bit).

By the way, “people first” is an invention just as much in the private sector as it is in the public sector. It just makes people feel good!
For the 1000+?? I suggest you google the word ‘list’ and do some detective work. It shouldn’t take long! Adding RAF will shorten the time spent.
You hit the nail later in your post, though. Experience is key, and not understood. Once you have their views where should it go? The top won’t take it unstaffed, so whatever you do it will not be served fresh.
If ‘people first’ is just an invention, why waste the electrons and ink. If it’s a fantasy then you lose your people, surely better to say nothing, then you never actually fail?
I do thank you for your 8 year old link though, from the age of serious austerity, I’m sure it’s useful and relevant. Just for my benefit, could you tell me what the total cost for Project Gateway was? That was a well run, though late project that hacked us all off at the time, but now I hear it’s working well.

Last edited by Countdown begins; 3rd Dec 2019 at 20:32.