PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Climate Change and YSSY crosswinds?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2019, 13:33
dr dre

Received 367 Likes on 201 Posts
Originally Posted by HabuHunter
=
Do you even read the articles you link? The first link takes you to an article written by a pro-climate change journalist who states that “scientists have used the scientific method to proved climate change is real”. What the?

What the? Yes, that's exactly what the writing at the link says. What's the problem with the journalist being "pro-climate change"? It was written by NASA's research centre, the JPL. Staffed by employees and processors at CalTech, considered the world's top Physical Sciences university. Quoting a PhD working in Oceanography and Climate science. I think they know exactly what the scientific method is.

Regardless of what NASA says, science is not consensus. NASA has been politicised and there is a growing controversy about its climate activism.
Now we start to veer into conspiracy theorist territory. What, I guess all their research has been deliberately corrupted and NASA has been infiltrated by "deep state globalists"? Is that you, Senator Malcolm Roberts??'

Now if you're referring to the 2012 letter from 49 former NASA employees including some former astronauts disputing NASA's position on climate change (but conveniently including zero facts or evidence to back up their position), that was easily debunked. There were quite a few spaceflight experts, spacecraft engineers, astronauts, pilots and mission control directors on that list, but absolutely none of them had undertaken one second of climate change research. You might as well have gotten a letter written by 49 former NASA cleaners and kitchenhands. The NASA climate scientists completely refuted their statement, and NASA has not changed any policies due to that letter. It has gone nowhere. There's no "growing controversy".

Ok your 3rd link was to a list of scientific organisations, which is great, but you don’t use them. Instead you use incredibly biased, non science, anonymous climate alarmist websites such as your last link, the skeptical science website. I’ve already told you this but you are still using it. The linked article is nonsense. It says things like, “Judith Curry says there is no consensus. She is wrong because 97% of climate scientist agree.” Surely you can see that this is unmitigated rubbish?

C'mon, if I stopped using websites you disliked I'd be limiting myself to the GWPF, wattsupwiththat and Andrew Bolt's blog.
You dislike Skeptical Science because it's a very well written and scientifically accurate debunking of skeptic arguments. It's endorsed by the CSIRO. I think I'll keep using it.

Last edited by dr dre; 3rd Dec 2019 at 13:58.