PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways £105m pre-tax profit
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2003, 20:18
HZ123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strong stuff HW, I am not entirely convinced about Lord Marshall he has been here so long that it is easy to forget he started the job cuts getting rid of BA Security, BA facilities and building maintenance, Motor transport repairs and numberous other departments along the way.

It might be that he has been here so long he has become part of the furniture like his predessor LK. However, much of what you say is accurate, much of this custom and practice is caused by weak and ineffective midddle management and in my experience they have remained constant throughout many of the changes.

Surely a strong company has strong leadership with personality, Mr Edd has at times been illusive and has never struck me as a personality but just trots out what the city wishes to hear.

At times within BA we have no forward plan, beset with rumours of changes often for no reason given. Next year just to confuse the issue routes change terminals at LHR and some stuff is being transfered back to LGW. With all this confusion we are now threatenning to take on the government over the third runway. We await the final solution do not hold your breath.