PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MEL definition
Thread: MEL definition
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2019, 19:15
pineteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PENKO
This is what EASA states in its document 'Certification Specificationsand Guidance Material for Master Minimum Equipment List CS-MMEL':

So it is very, very, very clear till what stage a defect needs to be entered in the Tech Log, rectified by an engineer or possibly deferred under the MEL: the release of the parking brake for taxi.

You'd be surprised how many pilots don't grasp this simple fact
Hello Guys,

I just have a doubt about this. Imagine you have closed the doors, about to push back and you have an ECAM : IR1 fault. Obviously you check the MEL it’s a go Item. Only thing you have to do to switch IR3 to captain side. My question is: Do I need to call maintenance to release the aircraft in that condition? From what I understand it’s not required; We must refer to the MEL until aircraft moves on his own power but it does not say we need maintenance to release the aircraft again in case of failure.. According to our FOM, the captain takes the responsibility of the aircraft after doors are closed. My understanding is that before taxi, in case of failure, we refer to MEL but if no maintenance action is required therefore there is no need to call maintenance again. Isn’t it?
I had this issue today in Shanghai Hongqiao but the IR self recovered after realignment. Pilots flying in China know the nightmare it is to get ground personal after doors closed... xD