PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Final Interview
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2019, 02:52
arse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jsfboat
Thanks for all the feedback, but I would really like to form my own opinion.
Fair enough, but then why ask for opinion here?

To come to Cathay would mean ZERO career progression and a high possibility of going backward financially during your time. Your time as a SO would be approx five years, plus two, minus one. The majority of those hours would not be recognized by most other regulatory bodies around the world. You could cheat on your logbook entries. Good luck with that. Financially you will struggle.

I am sure you have heard of Shiney Jet Syndrome? It's a big trap here in the Fragrant Harbour. If you have 10 years of your life to waste on your time here in exchange for an overseas adventure, then great. Take into consideration you would be risking getting stuck here against the hope of getting another job elsewhere when you wanted.

I am sorry to say you strike me as a, "I want it now" type of person. Based on your description, I would recommend that you keep doing what you are and overall you will progress to a rewarding career far quicker than wasting your time here in HK.

Based on the young folks I see come and go here, I would estimate you have a one in ten chance of making HK a success. Good luck.