PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mt Erebus Disaster 40th Anniversary
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2019, 06:30
Weheka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 3 Holer
I'm with you Paragraph377 and anyway, as your leader correctly and succinctly states (along with all the other expert legal boffins involved in this accident):

"In particular, the Privy Council said, and I quote, “the Royal Commission Report convincingly clears Captain Collins and First Officer Cassin of any suggestion that negligence on their part had in any way contributed to the disaster. That is unchallenged.

Those findings stood then, and they stand now. The pilots were not responsible for this tragedy, and I stand here today to state that again."

Prime Minister of New Zealand Jacinda Ardern. 28th November 2019.

Here ends the lesson......................................
The Prime Minister of NZ, Jacinda Ardern, should only have apologised on behalf, for the failings of the Government of the day and the company they owned, Air New Zealand and the roll they played in the accident. She had no need as Prime Minister to add comments on who was and who wasn't responsible for the accident, it is an argument that will go on for the next 100 years and I doubt she has any idea of the complexity of the accident chain ( she most certainly is not an expert legal boffin!). But she just couldn't help herself. I know a lot of Australians would like to adopt Jacinda, like you did with Split Enz, Phar Lap and Pavlova to name a few. Please take her.